Where To Use Our Air vents


  • Suspended Floor Air Vents
  • Tumble Dryer Outlets
  • Kitchen Extractors Outlets
  • Hob Extractor Outlets
  • Bathroom, WC and Laundry Extractor Outlets
  • Roof Space Vents
  • Room Ventilation for Gas, Solid Fuel and LPG Fires
  • Compartment/Room Ventilation for Gas and Oil fired boilers
  • Fresh Air Vents
  • Inglenook Inlet Vents


Missing or corroded air vents along the bottom of outside walls for under floor ventilation can be replaced using these cast iron replacements and should fit with little or no adjustments except for bedding in with mortar (lime based mortar for listed Georgian properties and early Victorian).

The appearance of dryer vent outlets, hob extractor and kitchen and bathroom fan outlets can all be improved using cast vents over the ducting outlet. For the cast bricks to sit flush within the brick work some work will be required to the brickwork and the ducting may need shortening slightly although the overhaul effect is worth the effort.

Period Property Extensions

Extensions to Georgian, Victorian and Edwardian properties deserve sympathetic care and treatment so your extension works in harmony with the existing building. Your building control will insist you meet modern ventilation requirements and may expect vent fans in kitchens, cloak rooms and bathrooms. The conservation department will be more concerned with how it looks – the cast iron reproduction vents should appease both parties.

New Builds

These cast vents are ideal for outside walls for Hob Extractors, tumble dryers, kitchen and bathroom fan outlets (9″ x 6″) and under floor ventilation (9″ x 3″) if there is wooden suspended flooring.


All the information supplied regarding the suitability of our cast iron air bricks for various ventilation scenarios shown on castironairbricks.co.uk or given by any of our representatives is given in good faith and is for guidance only. A qualified architect, local building regulations officer and/or Corgi registered plumber if applicable should be consulted prior to installation if in doubt. In the case of installation on a listed building, permissions from the local authority should be sought from the conservation officer before any work is carried out, even to replace damaged items.